As we re-open Prema Wellness Centres, we are committed to taking a leadership position in instituting and enhancing processes and protocols to ensure the health and safety of our members, guests, and employees. We have consulted with experts in healthcare, infectious disease, massage therapy, and esthetics to ensure we are taking the right measures to ensure safety without sacrificing your treatment or our employee’s well-being.
What We Are Doing For You
Among the steps we are taking:
- Thoroughly wiping down all service rooms and tools with approved hospital-grade or EPA-registered disinfectants and cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms and common areas at a minimum of once every hour.
- Service providers wearing single-use aprons, face masks, and eye protection during services.
- Requiring all staff members to pass a Spa Sanitation and Illness Prevention course and performing a practical assessment to ensure they follow the strict guidelines we enforce, including proper handwashing.
- Pre-service employee health checks including a temperature check.
- Mandatory masks for all employees including Client Care and Clinic Attendants.
- All linens are single service use.
- After each use, our basalt hot stones and Himalayan salt stones, are scrubbed with disinfecting detergent soap and sprayed with an EPA registered, broad-spectrum antimicrobial disinfectant and deodorizer. The hot stone warming units are also thoroughly washed with detergent soap after each use.
- We change sheets and face covers after each client and wash at high temperatures with a bleach-based product to minimize the transmission risk, as is recommended by various public health authorities. We will discontinue the use of blankets and instead use double sheets so that all linens will be changed after each service and washed.
- We will also employ an aggressive cleaning schedule for the entire spa.
What We Need You To Do For Us
- Hand sanitizer will be available at our front counter and we require you to use it upon arrival and departure.
- Wear a mask or one will be provided for you.
- Bring your own water for hydration as we will not be serving water or tea.
- We will be pre-screening you for symptoms and taking your temperature upon arrival.
- We ask that you not bring any personal belongings such as purses or backpacks.
- Bring your phone, payment method, and keys. A single use bag will be provided for your belongings while in the facility.
- No CASH will be accepted.
- Tips and payments may be made through our tap payment system.
- Intake forms will need to be completed on your mobile devices.
We anticipate that these new protocols will become standard practice in our wellness practices. We are adopting processes to limit traffic in the spa at any given time. We may have guests wait in their cars and text them when their treatment room is ready. We will also stagger appointment start times. We know that the world will change in many ways in the near future, but one thing that we are certain of is that we will be there for you with the cleanest and safest facilities.