What is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathy combines modern science, traditional and natural forms of health care into a distinct form of wellness and medicine. It uses the healing power of the body to treat disease and other health issues. This form of medicine believes that symptoms of disease are warning signs of improper lifestyle habits and functions of the human body.
Conditions treated with Naturopathic care:
Mind over Matter
Turn Down for What
Turn Back the Clock
Repair & Recover
Meyer’s Cocktail (Overall Health)
Prices range from $175 – $240
This is a form of naturopathic medicine that directly gives the body the nutrients it needs to quickly replenish itself and work as efficiently as possible helping with things such as sleep, respiration and hydration. Essential minerals and vitamins customized for your personal wellness are absorbed into your bloodstream and allows your body to start working at full capacity.
Prior to your first treatment with us, it is required that you meet with our Naturopathic Dr. for a minimum 30 minute consult.
Important Patient Information for IV Therapy
Before Your Treatment
- If you’re are receiving your first IV treatment we require a urine sample to rule out current infections and any other kidney issues. Please obtain a sample cup from our staff at the front desk.
- Eat a meal a minimum of three hours before your treatment and make sure to drink at least 1L of water. This ensures that your blood sugar levels and blood pressure will be stable during your treatment.
- Be sure to bring a snack with you to ensure we can raise your blood sugar levels if needed.
- Bring in any recent or relevant blood work you and inform us of any supplements or prescriptions you are taking.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing.
- Do not work out before or after you IV treatment.
During Your Treatment
- Stay awake during your treatment and please feel free to bring an iPad, smartphone or reading material with you.
- You will need to drink 1-2 cups of water during your treatment so please bring a water bottle with you.
- Do not cross your legs during your treatment or move your arm that is hooked up to the IV line.
- Let us know if you are experiencing dizziness, pain, heart palpitations, nausea, headaches, cramps or difficulty breathing
After Your IV Treatment
After your treatment, make sure to drink 2-4 glasses of water and eat a meal.
- If the needle insertion site becomes red, hot or itchy or you develop a rash or fever call us immediately during operating hours or after hours call 911 or go to the emergency room.
- How you feel after a treatment will depend on the type of treatment you have received. If you have any questions are staff will be happy to answer them to give you more details about how you will feel
We offer Direct Billing on all Naturopathic Services
Based on your individual plan status, direct billing is not always guaranteed. Please bring an alternative form of payment should it be required.
5116 Elbow Dr SW
Calgary, Alberta T2V 1H1
2020 Prema Wellness | All Rights Reserved
HOURS OF OPERATION
Mon-Tue - 11am – 7pm
Wed-Fri - 10am - 8pm
Saturday - 10am - 7pm
Sunday - 10am - 6pm