What is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathy combines modern science, traditional and natural forms of health care into a distinct form of wellness and medicine. It uses the healing power of the body to treat disease and other health issues. This form of medicine believes that symptoms of disease are warning signs of improper lifestyle habits and functions of the human body.
This is a form of naturopathic medicine that directly gives the body the nutrients it needs to quickly replenish itself and work as efficiently as possible helping with things such as sleep, respiration and hydration. Essential minerals and vitamins customized for your personal wellness are absorbed into your bloodstream and allows your body to start working at full capacity.
Get that healthy immune system going with vitamins (vitamin C, B complex) and minerals (zinc, selenium) during active infections or as a preventative measure.
Detox that liver with anti-oxidants that work directly with your liver such as B vitamins and glutathione.
Give a boost to your diet and exercise routine with this fat burning and fat to muscle converting blend of vitamins and amino acids.
MULTI VITAMIN & MINERAL
Fight dehydration with our multi-vitamin and mineral formula that helps you maintain better overall health and wellness.
Get rid of blemishes and refresh and revitalize your skin with our formula that gives you a high dose of Vitamin C and proline.
Get the necessary amino acids, vitamins and cofactors to build and maintain muscle mass.
Don’t have time to do a full IV session? No problem. Our quick boost injections give you the results you need.
Please Note: Your initial nutrient visit will require a 15-minute assessment prior to receiving your first injection at a cost of $40. Additional visits can be booked without further assessment. The cost of injection will be an extra charge.
B12 INTRAMUSCULAR INJECTION
FAT BURNER INTRAMUSCULAR INJECTION
Important Patient Information for IV Therapy
Before Your Treatment
- If you’re are receiving your first IV treatment we require a urine sample to rule out current infections and any other kidney issues. Please obtain a sample cup from our staff at the front desk.
- Eat a meal a minimum of three hours before your treatment and make sure to drink at least 1L of water. This ensures that your blood sugar levels and blood pressure will be stable during your treatment.
- Be sure to bring a snack with you to ensure we can raise your blood sugar levels if needed.
- Bring in any recent or relevant blood work you and inform us of any supplements or prescriptions you are taking.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing.
- Do not work out before or after you IV treatment.
During Your Treatment
- Stay awake during your treatment and please feel free to bring an iPad, smartphone or reading material with you.
- You will need to drink 1-2 cups of water during your treatment so please bring a water bottle with you.
- Do not cross your legs during your treatment or move your arm that is hooked up to the IV line.
- Let us know if you are experiencing dizziness, pain, heart palpitations, nausea, headaches, cramps or difficulty breathing
After Your IV Treatment
After your treatment, make sure to drink 2-4 glasses of water and eat a meal.
- If the needle insertion site becomes red, hot or itchy or you develop a rash or fever call us immediately during operating hours or after hours call 911 or go to the emergency room.
- How you feel after a treatment will depend on the type of treatment you have received. If you have any questions are staff will be happy to answer them to give you more details about how you will feel
We offer Direct Billing on all Naturopathic Services
Based on your individual plan status, direct billing is not always guaranteed. Please bring an alternative form of payment should it be required.
5116 Elbow Dr SW
Calgary, Alberta T2V 1H1
Prema Wellness Centre
1429 17 Ave SW
Calgary, Alberta T2T 0C6
2020 Prema Wellness | All Rights Reserved
HOURS OF OPERATION
Tuesday - 11am – 7pm
Wed-Fri - 10am - 8pm
Saturday - 10am - 7pm
Sunday - 10am - 6pm
Fri - Sat 11am - 7pm
Sunday 10am – 6pm
Both locations closed on Monday