Browse our newest products!
What is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathy combines modern science, traditional and natural forms of health care into a distinct form of wellness and medicine. It uses the healing power of the body to treat disease and other health issues. This form of medicine believes that symptoms of disease are warning signs of improper lifestyle habits and functions of the human body.
Dr. BALWINDER BADHAN
Dr. Balwinder Badhan is a Board-certified Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine in Alberta. His passion is to integrate his extensive knowledge of Naturopathic Medicine to help his patients.
Dr. Badhan’s mission is to see his patients completely healthy and free of any illnesses by doing comprehensive assessment and using Naturopathic modalities (based upon individual needs) like Intravenous therapy (IVs), Injections (Intramuscular/Intravenous), Supplements, Herbs, Botanical Medicines, Homeopathy, Acupuncture, Soft Tissue therapy, Electro-stimulation, TENS, Inferential Currents, Diet/Lifestyle, Counseling and Cognitive Behavior Therapy.
Dr. Badhan is a Medically trained and Naturally focused Naturopathic Doctor, therefore his aim is to treat his patients holistically (as a whole, not just treating the symptoms) & naturally by removing the root cause of the illness, hence avoiding the use of any drugs or surgery and their side effects.
Conditions treated with Naturopathic care:
Addictions and Dependency Naturopathic
Pain management (Body/Joints/Muscles/Drugs/Migraines)
Skin conditions /Acne/Blemishes/Skin lightening/brightening/glowing.
Removing Environmental toxins/chemicals
Digestive Issues (Irritable Bowel, Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative Colitis etc.)
Allergies and Food sensitivities
Cancers and Chronic Inflammatory Conditions & Autoimmune disorders
Infertility, Female health/PCOS/PMS
Male health/Erectile Dysfunctions
Cardiovascular (Heart) Health, Hypertension, Diabetes, Cholesterol
Obesity/Weight loss/General Health Maintenance
Thyroid and other Hormonal Issues
Parkinson’s/Alzheimer’s disease, MS etc.
Bacterial and Viral Infections/Low Immune
Initial Consultation Fees:
30 min $100
60 min $200
This is a form of naturopathic medicine that directly gives the body the nutrients it needs to quickly replenish itself and work as efficiently as possible helping with things such as sleep, respiration and hydration. Essential minerals and vitamins customized for your personal wellness are absorbed into your bloodstream and allows your body to start working at full capacity.
Prior to your first treatment with us, it is required that you meet with our Naturopathic Dr. for a minimum 30 minute consult.
Important Patient Information for IV Therapy
Before Your Treatment
- If you’re are receiving your first IV treatment we require a urine sample to rule out current infections and any other kidney issues. Please obtain a sample cup from our staff at the front desk.
- Eat a meal a minimum of three hours before your treatment and make sure to drink at least 1L of water. This ensures that your blood sugar levels and blood pressure will be stable during your treatment.
- Be sure to bring a snack with you to ensure we can raise your blood sugar levels if needed.
- Bring in any recent or relevant blood work you and inform us of any supplements or prescriptions you are taking.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing.
- Do not work out before or after you IV treatment.
During Your Treatment
- Stay awake during your treatment and please feel free to bring an iPad, smartphone or reading material with you.
- You will need to drink 1-2 cups of water during your treatment so please bring a water bottle with you.
- Do not cross your legs during your treatment or move your arm that is hooked up to the IV line.
- Let us know if you are experiencing dizziness, pain, heart palpitations, nausea, headaches, cramps or difficulty breathing
After Your IV Treatment
After your treatment, make sure to drink 2-4 glasses of water and eat a meal.
- If the needle insertion site becomes red, hot or itchy or you develop a rash or fever call us immediately during operating hours or after hours call 911 or go to the emergency room.
- How you feel after a treatment will depend on the type of treatment you have received. If you have any questions are staff will be happy to answer them to give you more details about how you will feel
We offer Direct Billing on all Naturopathic Services
Based on your individual plan status, direct billing is not always guaranteed. Please bring an alternative form of payment should it be required.
5116 Elbow Dr SW
Calgary, Alberta T2V 1H1
2020 Prema Wellness | All Rights Reserved
HOURS OF OPERATION
Mon-Tue - 11am – 7pm
Wed-Fri - 10am - 8pm
Saturday - 10am - 7pm
Sunday - 10am - 6pm